+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Burton Moto Snowboard Boots

Burton Moto Snowboard Boots

Right, here's my opinion on this product.

ďA favourite of advancing free riders and anyone on a budget, Burton's Moto Snowboard Boot proves that you don't have to break the bank to get quality."

I bought a pair of these at the start of last season for the following reasons:

1) They have a Speed zone lacing system
    2) They are an affordable option with the pulley system (I actually liked the DC boots with the clicker wheel but didnít have $600 to spend at the time (before considering buying overseas))

From memory my boots were around $320 AU. To me this is a reasonable price to pay for a standard boot. I highly recommend the speed zone system over laces. For those of you who are unfamiliar there is two pull toggles either side. One does the upper part of the boot and the other does the lower part across the top of the foot. Both toggles then have a locking system that pinches the cord locking it in place. The material used it a lot stronger than laces and has less give. This comes in handy if you like your boot tight across your feet but with sum flex at the top or vice versa, which cannot be achieved with laces.

The boots themselves are reasonably stiff, the more you pay generally the stiff the boot. Ive only ridden in AU and found there to be enough flex and feedback; in both powder and ice to happily control my board. As my skill level improves I will in the future buy a stiffed boot but not for a long time yet as these have been great.

Other important points....

They look good!
    They have a removable inner.
    Some find them quite tight at the back around your ankles.
    My feet stayed dry and warm.
    Easy enough to walk in with out looking stupid (just unlock the top toggle for loads of freedom)
    I didnít get any cramping from over tightening.
    They took a good day of boarding to break them in properly (Yes I wore them around the house for a few hours after buying them but until you actually give them a workout they donít loosen up fully)

the only Con...

I was warned about this in the shop however I havenít seen it happen yet. The cord when pulled tight obviously has quite a lot of tension in it. Many people when on a chair lift rest their board on the unclipped boot (usually across the laces) I was warned to try and avoid this incase you have any burr's on your edges they may cut through the cord after time.

Other than that they are a great boot. I recommend them to anyone looking into gettin they're own gear.

See Pics below.

Nitro Team 159W 10 | Rome BOSS 390's | Giro Omen | Smith Stance | Northwave Decade SL's

The 09's are the black one pictured.

I havent seen the whites in that scheme. It could be 08's

I have a pair of the 09's in white. I feel a little insecure about the lace system. It feels thin. Some have said they come loose in a few runs. Im yet to try them out this season.

Oh, and also, the pull-up lace system is only one sided.

And thanks the notice, i'll probably have to wear them around the house for a day aswell to wear them in.

Quote Originally Posted by mako View Post
    The 09's are the black one pictured.

I havent seen the whites in that scheme. It could be 08's

I have a pair of the 09's in white. I feel a little insecure about the lace system. It feels thin. Some have said they come loose in a few runs. Im yet to try them out this season.

Oh, and also, the pull-up lace system is only one sided.

And thanks the notice, i'll probably have to wear them around the house for a day aswell to wear them in.
    I have the same pull up lace system on My Burton Driver boots and haven't had an issue with it, sure it feels a little thin but they haven't come loose on me and I find it pretty quick and easy to get my boots sorted out.
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Rhys
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Libtech Skatebanana 159 BTX 10/Rossi Decoy 164 07 | Burton Cartels 10/Burton Cartels 07 | Burton Driver X 07 Boots

Check out http://www.vandersyde.com & http://store.vandersyde.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Moto Boots

As a first timer out on the snow this year in Australia I had to buy new boots, $320 from ESS Erina, as I could not get rentals big enough to fit my feet....! This also meant I had a pretty wide board in a GNU, cannot remember the style of it, but the store had to put on a pair of brand new off the shelf K2 Formula bindings to fit the boots.

I found at first with the boots the biggest problem was that you could very easily over tighten the boots and cut the circulation to your feet in two seconds flat. After I relaxed the laces and found a groove in my lesson, the boots became the last thing on my mind. Being able to pick up the basics quite easily I feel was helped for sure by the fact that the boot was doing it job with zero fuss.

In my second day at Thredbo I doing top to bottom runs in massive winds and some rain with admittedly a fair bit of difficulty but was very happy with my first time to the slopes. And cannot wait to add a board bindings and some quality clothing to make the next trip that more even enjoyable.

All in all I found the Moto boot from Burton to be a great boot that did everything I could ask of it. No questions asked.

lacing system is identical to the ruler which i rode for 16-17 days last season without an issue. great boot and awesome lacing system. definately would buy again

I have these in the 2010 white model, and my best mate has them in 2010 black.

GREAT boots, have been riding for 5 years and these are an awesome allround boot! Not too stiff, not too flexy. The right amount of support and warmth!

BUY!!

Hey I've got a set of the 2011 Burton IONS and must say its the best boot I have ever had, little bit pricey but well worth the penny They are a very stiff but comfy at the same time and have the speed lacing system which I think is a big advantage as you can adjust the pressure to both zones of your feet and is very quick to get strapped in and boarding and to this day I haven't had any issues with it. The boot to board to snow feeling is amazing thanks to the esp and you cant go past the heat moulded soles, saying that not every boot suits everybody. Saying that the burton moto was actually my second preference to the IONS as I had heard and read good reviews I think value for money you cant go past them!!

+ Reply to Thread