+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Union Force Bindings

Union Force Bindings

Just letting you guys and girls know how these bindings ride.

They are really comfortable and ive ridden them with and without the gas pedals on. The convertible toe straps werent so convertible tho i found they werent snug enough when tightened fully unless they were across the top of my toes and the stupid bolts that hold the heel strap in need to be checken everynow and then as they can loosen when you step on the strap on lifts etc. i found this out when i went to tighten the strap and the bolt was missing. Its a big plasic wingnut type bolt which is easy to foul on with your feet.

considering that id rate them about 70% ill no doubt buy them again for the price

Yeah I have to agree with you. I too have Union SL binding as they were comfortable. I am thinking of selling them because I want to move to the new strapless bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by danny.nguyen View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with you. I too have Union SL binding as they were comfortable. I am thinking of selling them because I want to move to the new strapless bindings.
    new strapless bindings ? Do you mean like flow bindings or them old clicker ones? any pics of these things

Quote Originally Posted by mattyd View Post
    new strapless bindings ? Do you mean like flow bindings or them old clicker ones? any pics of these things
    No, not Flow binding. GNU binding is strapless. But I can't find any review on that one. However there is new one. .voelkl-snowboards.com/index.cfm/en/206/Fastec-Prime-Alu

You have to copy this link. It wouldnt let me post this link.

I think GNU and Voelkl are similar.

Interesting, I haven't had any problems with bolts coming loose on my union forces which I've had for around 2 years. And the toe strap tightens easily across the top section of my boot, I don't use it forward over the toes. I love them, comfy bindings and a good all round flex.

Im looking at getting the new union contact pros this season. Im loving the fact they have proper to caps on the new models now, the previous straps where it can be used as both wasnt that great. If you havent seen them check them out, go on google and search '11/12 union bindings' and you will see.

This style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMhJZcHIDA

I don't really get to hyped on this style. Takes 2 seconds to put your foot into a binding any way. I know the wear would be different but you would have to replace your binding not just the ladders.

Quote Originally Posted by bakeraus View Post
    This style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iMhJZcHIDA

I don't really get to hyped on this style. Takes 2 seconds to put your foot into a binding any way. I know the wear would be different but you would have to replace your binding not just the ladders.
    If you hike hits or the park or pipe or urban jibs and mini shreds a lot, then a rear entry binding like that makes a lot of sense - less time wasted getting into them when all you do is stick your foot in and flip two levers and your prefered fit is pre-dialled in. I can't see how having rear entry could cause more wear, if anything I think it would minimise wear. Horses for courses dude...

+ Reply to Thread