+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Perisher,Thredbo or jindabyne 2012

Perisher,Thredbo or jindabyne 2012

Hey, I'm new to this forum, But i am looking to go to the snow a couple of times during the season for a weekend or day trip,, But none of my friends snowboard and as I have been overseas for the past 11 years do not have any contacts that snowboard in australia,, So if anybody is interested and needs an extra person to split travel costs give me a shout as I am very keen to go but traveling alone seems to be very expensive! I am an experienced snowboarder(started 1994) and I live in the Sydney metro area.
    Cheers!

Hey mate, normally I've got a full car and crew but check out the Snowy Mountains Backpackers http://www.snowybackpackers.com.au/ That will save you some cash on accommodation.
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Rhys
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Libtech Skatebanana 159 BTX 10/Rossi Decoy 164 07 | Burton Cartels 10/Burton Cartels 07 | Burton Driver X 07 Boots

Check out http://www.vandersyde.com & http://store.vandersyde.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

for the very same reason i dont go down unless i have a full car
    sorry cant help there

Ok, thanks guys,, i´ll check out Snowy backpackers too see what they have to offer!

Have a look at the website in my signature. Its a way to find people in your area with similar interests so could be just what you need to find some people to head to the snow with. Maybe your best bet will be to find some people eager to learn to snowboard who do not have rides to the snow sorted out. I often get asked to take friends who have never been before and its really good fun to see them progress over a weekend and get hooked on the sport.

Have fun!

I often have a spare seat leaving from wollongong area.

2010 sierra stunt 155 for sale $100
    2010 Never Summer SL 164 DIY split
    2011 Stepchild OG Powder 164 DIY swallowtail
    2009 burton supermodel 172 DIY swallowtail
    2013 lib tech birdman 180

That sounds good as I very keen to go to the snow and Even though I am in Sydney, I can always find a way to Wollongong.
    Can you just give me an idea of where you stay and duration plus the cost of accommodation and Petrol(transport).

Cheers
    Jose

I just paid for a season pass at Perisher (got a 1/2 price deal), so I'll be going down there as much as possible this season. Ideally I'd head off from Sydney (I live in Manly, but work in the CBD), late on Wednesday afternoons, so I can ride all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, then I get a half day riding on Sunday before heading back to Sydney. But honestly, I'm not picky, I'll go as much as I can, and if anyone offers, I'll jump on board (no pun).

I grew up in Norway where since I was 13, skated during summer, and snowboarded during winter (started in '94 too by coincidence) before a collar bone injury in 1999, which kinda put a stop to riding for a few years, since I also moved away to South Norway in 2000 and then England, which didn't give me any chance to ride (I couldn't afford snowboard holidays). Then when I got to Australia in 2009, I went to Perisher for the first time in and I've managed to get down there about 3-4 times each season, each time for about 3-4 days. However, the people I've been with haven't been very experienced, so they're not interested in doing kickers, so it would be nice to go with a more experienced crew.

I also managed to get down to NZ last year, which was epic until I ruptured my left arm tendon 2 days into my trip. I taped up my arm and took pain killers and managed to ride for another 5 days, but it was sketchy riding and couldn't go as hard as I would've liked. And I had to get back to Australia to have the operation, so I had to cut my trip short and missed out on the 4 days I had planned in Snow Park NZ. :(
    Last edited by TASc™; 04-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Sounds like a good offer!
    yeah I was keen on NZ and was suppose to go and work there last season but the job did come through!
    I've sent you a personal message,,, hope to hear from you soon TASc™!

Hey Jose (and anyone else who's interested),

I'm organizing a trip down to Perisher the weekend 29th June - 1st July. So far there's only 2 of us (me and my mate Hollie), but would be great to get as many involved as possible. This is the deal: http://www.viator.com/tours/Sydney/3...d357-2912_3DAY

Basically, leave Thursday 28th at 6pm from Central station, sleep on the coach overnight, ride Fri, Sat, Sun, leave Sun at 4:30, arrive back in Sydney at 11pm. Includes coach down to Jindy, hot breakfast every day, shuttle each day to & from Perisher Ski Tube every day, one 3-course meal on Saturday night.

I'm also waiting for Murray's Coaches to post up their coach prices and time table for 2012, as it may be cheaper to take a coach and find our own accommodation. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post back with more details as I have them.

Cheers!
    T

+ Reply to Thread