+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snowboard iPhone App - Trick List

Thumbs Up Snowboard iPhone App - Trick List

Dear Riders down-under,

Since the season is dying in Europe, and yours is rapidly approaching, I have a quick bit of info for you. I decided to learn how to code for a challenge and some fun and collaborating with the guys over at Head Snowboards and some European riders, including Olympic Snowboarder Dan Wakeham I made a snowboarding iPhone/iPad app. I am really interesting in hearing your feedback.

To my shock, it has been a big success in the UK and was put on the iTunes App homepage next to paypal etc as an Apple "Staff Favorites" pick which I was totally surprised and stoked about.

The blurb about the app is below, which I think (hope) sums it up quite nicely:

"In huge detail, we lay out how to stomp 36 of the sickest snowboard tricks out there, including respect ratings, illustrations and expert tips. The app also includes essential information such as board maintenance, snowboard terminology, mounting bindings, waxing, and choosing your ride!

In addition, we bring you our infamous ''grab indicator'', now in pocket-sized format and ready to take to the mountain with you. The indicator shows how and where to grab your board, so you can dial in on those essential grabs and move your riding up a few notches."

There are a bunch of other features too. I would really love to hear your feedback on the app, so I can continue to make it better!!

You can find it in iTunes at ustomp.co.uk/app or search snowboard trick in the appstore.

Here are some free download codes for the first 3 of you to get the app:
    FLEKLA6NY6P3
    K94HY7PLHNPJ
    LPH46PXEJNKP

To redeem, to the AppStore, click featured and then new and scroll to the bottom and click redeem. I only get a few promo codes from Apple and these are the last!

Thanks very much in advance for any ideas, feedback or suggestions you have. I hope to make the app as good as it can be.

Cheers

Sam

Hey guys/girls,

Sorry to double post. Just wanted to update you and also pick your brains for some ideas.

A lot has happened since I last posted. I noted that some of you guys took the download codes and put them to good use, which is great! But I still need your feedback.

The app has been featured in the some big snowboard mags, we have done some more tie-ups and added more tricks, features and cool stuff, including more music etc... But I still would love to make the App unquestionably the best snowboard app out there!!

Any ideas for updates/improvements you have, please let me know!

Cheers

Sam

P.s. Australia is now our 3rd largest, but fastest growing userbase, so your ideas are super important to us!

Hey all,

I hope you are all gearing up nicely for your upcoming season.

I wanted to check back in a let you know that our popular iPhone app (ustomp.co.uk/app) has finally been complimented with an Android app (ustomp.co.uk/app2_ (also available on Amazon). We did this due to popular demand. Search your appstore for 'Snowboard Trick List' to find it!

The Droid version has got some cool new features including a check-list which allows you to keep track of the tricks you can do and your progress on new tricks.

Let us know if you want any new features added and happy riding!
    Sam

Hey all,

No Windows Phone version is currently planned I am sorry to say, but if we continue to see demand for it, we will be sure to make one!

Updates:
    1) The Android app had a nice update today to ensure compatibility with the latest devices
    2) New videos coming soon!
    3) We released an entirely new app @ georiot.co/pure - It is called 'Pure Snowboarding' - For iOS - it is an awesome Snowboarding game - check it out and if you are are on the top of the leaderboard on Xmas day, you win a $500 iON Air Pro 3 camera!

Happy riding all
    Sam

+ Reply to Thread